May 20, 2022
Sep 3, 2022
$ 20.38 per hour
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send all resumes to the Director of Care, Nicole Lembke.
PSW/Nursing Student/Clinical Opportunity
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, and physical comfort, and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel & bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration.
- Perform specialized, resident specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document resident conditions according to Hanover Care Centre standards; report unusual events or changes in the resident's condition to the charge staff.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Hanover Care Centre Policies and Procedures
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and corporate information
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Must be enrolled or graduated a certified PSW program
- Must be enrolled or a current nursing student
- Have a minimum of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- One year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
- Please send all resumes to the Director of Care, Nicole Lembke, Hanover Care Centre.
- Proof of previous Long Term Care Home hours worked can be used to increase the starting wage
- Could receive Full-Time Hours
- Must be able to work all shifts
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
One year of recent personal care experience preferred
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD